- Target: The citizens of the UK
- Benefits: £50,000
- Level and Discipline: Research program in industrial environment
- Host Institution: Any institution – UK
- Deadline: [kit-days-away day=28 month=2 year=2022]
The Royal Academy of Engineering is delighted to invite applications for the RAEng Industrial Fellowship Programmes. This program will be awarded to those hold a permanent academic teaching or research contract at a UK university. They must be early to mid-career academics (lecturer – reader or equivalent). [kit-days-away day=28 month=2 year=2022]
The Academy is pleased to announce that the Industrial Fellowships have undergone several important changes which give applicants additional flexibility in their fellowships. In addition to a 6-month fellowship route, applicants will now have the option to hold the Industrial Fellowship for up to 2 years’ full time. Applicants are encouraged to consider collaborations with companies of any size, including SMEs and medium-sized businesses. The Industrial Fellowships provide an invaluable opportunity for early- to mid-career academics to undertake a collaborative research project in an industrial environment. This scheme aims to strengthen the strategic relationship between the university and the industry host by providing an opportunity to establish or enhance collaborative research between the two parties.
The Academy will contribute up to a maximum of £50,000 towards the salary costs (excluding overheads) of the applicant paid pro-rata against the amount of time to be spent at the industry host.
Level and Area of Studies
Research program in industrial environment.
Place of Study
The study will be taken in the United Kingdom.
Eligibility and Criteria
- Applicants should hold a permanent academic teaching or research contract at a UK university
- Applicants should be early to mid-career academics (lecturer – reader or equivalent). Professorial candidates are not eligible for this scheme
- Applicants should be currently teaching engineering at undergraduate or postgraduate level at a UK University
- Applicants must have a minimum of two years teaching experience, as permanent academic
- The industry host should have a significant presence in the UK
- International fellowships are acceptable (where a UK based candidate will take a secondment overseas). However, the candidate must effectively demonstrate in their proposal the benefits to the recipient and to the UK host University. These applications will be considered on a case by case basis and awards will be entirely up to the discretion of the schemes Steering group
- The industry host can be of any size as long as the organisation can demonstrate that it will provide the awardee with an appropriate working environment
- Candidates with both new and existing partnerships are eligible to apply
The citizens of UK are invited to apply.