DAAD Masters scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans: The German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD) in support of Sub-Saharan African students whose studies are interrupted due to the war against Ukraine has launched a special programme to help them continue/complete their studies in their home country or region. Applications are currently being received from eligible African students are advised to apply.
The Scholarship programme is a subprogramme of the In-Country/In-Region Scholarship programme for Master students from Sub-Saharan Africa fleeing the war against Ukraine. The scholarship is funded by the Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development and managed by the DAAD.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing DAAD Masters scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans;
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Government of Germany
- Host Institution(s): Selected Institutions in Africa
- Study Level: Masters
- Scholarship Worth: Varies
- Number of Awards: Several
- Nationality: Africans
Eligibility Criteria for the DAAD Masters scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans
The DAAD Masters scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans fleeing the war in Ukraine is open to African students. To be eligible, applicants must be students who:
- started their Master studies in Ukraine, hence had a student status at a recognised Ukrainian higher education institution on 24 February 2022 and fled because of the war;
- are nationals or permanent residents of a Sub-Saharan country;
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree (e.g. a Bachelor’s degree) with above average results (at least: Second Class/Lower Division or equivalent, if applicable);
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment;
- have thorough knowledge of the language of instruction;
- have generally completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application.
Benefits of the Scholarship DAAD Masters scholarships for Sub-Saharan Africans
The scholarship will be paid directly to the scholarship holder’s banking account. It includes the following payments:
|Tuition Fees||depending on the host university||as charged by the hosting university (maximum 2,500 EUR for each year within the regular period of study)|
|Study and Research Allowance||annually||460.00 EUR|
|Printing Allowance||once towards the end of scholarship||400.00 EUR|
|Monthly Scholarship (accommodation, food etc.)||monthly||depending on the country|
|Travel Allowance (for those who are still in Europa or wish to study outside their home country)||once at the beginning (and if necessary, once at the end)||the flat rate travel allowance will be specified in the letter of award|
How to Apply
Applications must be submitted via the DAAD portal according to the following instructions;
- After logging in to the portal, click on said link. Access the tab “Personal funding” -> “Application”. The programme will be preset.
- Now select the “Country of residence”. The country of offer is then filled in automatically.
- The button “Continue” can then be used and the application form downloaded in the next step.
- The rest of the procedure is described in the portal instructions.
Visit the Official Website for Further Details.
Application Deadline: 4 July 2022.