The Young Professionals Programme is open to excellent, talented and qualified young people who are seeking for an opportunity to contribute to the Commonwealth’s work in international development and democracy, and to build their skills in a culturally diverse, professional environment.
The programme demonstrates our ongoing commitment to youth empowerment and our recognition of young people as partners and leaders in development. The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to be supporting youth empowerment through their Young Professionals Programme (YPP).
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing Commonwealth Young Professionals Program;
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): Commonwealth Secretariat, London
- Host Institution(s): Across Commonwealth countries
- Study Level: Bachelors Degree
- Programme Type: Internships/Jobs
- Number of Awards: Limited
- Value of Program: £29,070 p.a gross)
- Duration of Program: 2 years
- Eligible Countries: Commonwealth countries
Details About the Commonwealth Young Professionals Program
The Commonwealth Secretariat has various opportunities available, including within health, youth, climate change, and international trade, among others.
The Commonwealth is a voluntary association of 56 independent and equal sovereign states. Its unique strength lies in the combination of its diversity and shared inheritance. The Commonwealth Secretariat in London is the principal intergovernmental agency of the Commonwealth and its backbone, promoting democracy, rule of law, human rights, good governance, and social and economic development.
The Commonwealth Secretariat is proud to support youth empowerment through our Young Professionals Programme (YPP). The YPP creates multiple opportunities for talented and qualified young people from across the Commonwealth to contribute to our core work through the transference of technical expertise, innovative ideas, specialist knowledge, and fresh perspectives.
Eligibility Criteria for the Commonwealth Young Professionals Program
- To be considered for the Commonwealth Young Professionals role, you must be a citizen of a Commonwealth country aged 27 or younger at the time applications close, and possess a strong bachelor degree or equivalent in IT/Computing. Degrees in related fields such as Mathematics or Engineering may be considered. Also,
- You should also have at least one year’s experience in the development and deployment of web and mobile applications. The work experience may be gained through a combination of paid employment, volunteer, placement, apprenticeship or internship positions.
How to Apply
Interested applicants are advised to go through the Application guidelines and Terms of reference before applying for this position
Please apply by submitting a CV and cover letter. Covering letters should be structured to address the key criteria required in the person specification, giving clear examples.
If you would like to submit an application for any of the positions, please do so by clicking on the relevant link below:
- Assistant Programme Officer (Asia Region)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Caribbean Region)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Pacific Region)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Stakeholder Engagement)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Monitoring and Evaluation)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Software Development)
- Assistant Research Officer (Climate Change)
- Assistant Research Officer (Office of the Secretary-General)
- Assistant Health Officer
- Assistant Research Officer (International Trade Policy)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Governance and Peace Directorate)
- Assistant Programme Officer (Sport for Development and Peace)
- Assistant Economic Analyst
Visit the Official Website for Further Details
Application Deadline: 8th August 2022, 05:00 PM