In collaboration with African Scientific, Research and Innovation Council (ASRIC) and Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes (UEMF), the Association of African Universities (AAU) is inviting applications from suitably qualified candidates for the 3rd ASRIC-UEMF PhD Scholarships for African Students.
10 scholarship slots are available for the academic year 2022/2023 through the ASRIC and UEMF to African PhD students to carry out their doctoral research work at the Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes (UEMF), Morocco. The study and scholarship duration is three years.
Key Scholarship Details
These are some of the key details about the ongoing ASRIC-UEMF PhD Scholarships for African Students;
- Scholarship Sponsor(s): ASRIC and UEMF
- Host Institution(s): Euro-Mediterranean University of Fes (UEMF), Morocco
- Study Level: PhD
- Scholarship Worth: Full tuition waiver, Stipend allowance & Air ticket
- Number of Awards: 10
- Nationality: African Students
Details About the ASRIC-UEMF PhD Scholarships for African Students
The African Scientific, Research and Innovation Council (ASRIC) is a special advisory body to the African Union mandated to implement the Science, Technology and Innovation Strategy for Africa (STISA-2024) and to promote scientific research and innovation in order to address the challenges of Africa’s socio-economic development.
UEMF is a University of a regional character and is located in the iconic city of Fes, which houses one of the oldest still-functioning universities in the world, “Al Karaouiyine”. The University was created with the aim to promote the values of leadership, entrepreneurship, innovation and solidarity, in furtherance, UEMF is a growing centre of excellence in higher education and research with more than one and half thousand students, 24% of which are scholarship recipients.
Eligibility Criteria for the ASRIC-UEMF PhD Scholarships for African Students
To be eligible for AAU 3rd ASRIC-UEMF PhD Scholarships for African Students, interested applicants are expected to meet the following conditions:
- Must be a national of one of the African Union Member States;
- Applicants must be less than 35 years of age at the end date of this call;
- Must have Master’s Degree (in science or engineering), Diploma or Engineering Diploma or any other equivalent diploma (baccalaureate + 5); and
- The candidate must demonstrate remarkable ability and devotion along with experiences in conducting research in the selected field of study.
Field of Study for Research
Interested candidates MUST be ready to undertake research in the following areas:
- Artificial Intelligence
- Additive Manufacturing and materials
- Renewable Energy, Green hydrogen and Power-to-X
Benefits of the Scholarship
Successful candidates for the AAU 3rd ASRIC-UEMF PhD Scholarships for African Students will receive the following benefits:
- Tuition fees of about $9,000,
- An annual return ticket from your home country with a maximum contribution of $1,000 during summer vacation, and
- Stipend allowance of $1,000 monthly for 11 months every year.
How to Apply
The application form is accessible via this link – https://blog.aau.org/wp-content/uploads/2022/06/ASRIC-UEMF-PhD-Application-Form.docx . The Form should be completed and submitted before the deadline of the call. The following are also to be attached to the application form:
- An updated CV;
- A certified copy of the baccalaureate;
- A certified copy of the master’s diploma or the engineering diploma or any other equivalent diploma (Bac + 5);
- A copy of certified transcript(s) of all university-level coursework completed corresponding to the diploma or masters;
- A copy of the Master (or equivalent) thesis or dissertation;
- A certified copy of an applicant’s international passport.
- 2 personal passport size photographs
All application and supporting documents should be submitted in the above-mentioned order (compiled into one PDF document) to the ASRIC Secretariat electronically before the Call deadline.
Application Deadline: June 30, 2022